| Italian Meringue Frosting
Italian Meringue: is a beautiful light fluffy frosting for cakes and is used in many other recipes too, so it is a good skill to learn. It is brilliant white but it can be coloured and flavoured to suit your needs.
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 large eggs
1 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Seperate the eggs, add the cream of tar tar and whisk the white to form soft peaks.
2. Put the sugar and the water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Wash down the sides of the pan with a pastry brush and leave unstirred until it reaches 238oF or 114oC on a candy thermometer.
3.Immediately remove from heat and with the beaters running pour in a thin stream into the egg whites.
4.Beat until cooled, this can take a while so if using hand mixers i like to put a bowl of iced water underneath the mixing bowl to speed up the cooling process. When it is cool it will be thick smooth and glossy.
5.Add flavours and colours if desired, note if you want brilliant white do not add vanilla essence as it will give a creamy tinge.
6. Spread a thick layer over the cake and use a palette knife or back of a large knife to smooth.
This video shows how to make the lego logo:
Search this site
Follow Me On:
Todays Most Visited Posts
- Easy French Macaron Recipe (Macaroons)
- Salted Caramel Macaron Recipe
- Gingerbread House Ideas: BEST OF THE WEB
- Macaron Recipe Troubleshooting FAQ Cracked, Flat, Lumpy,
- Chocolate Decorations For Cakes
- Buttercream Cupcake Frosting Recipes
- Nut Free Macaron Recipe | substitute almond flour
- Top Ten Most Popular Chocolate Truffle Recipes
- How to temper chocolate in the microwave
- Instagram Cake made from chocolate mousse with chocolate glaze
Visual Recipe Index
- advertisement advertise here